Pelvic health physical therapy is a systematic treatment approach to working with patients that have injuries or weakness in the muscles of the pelvic floor.
Anyone with a pelvis can experience problems with the pelvic floor, and there are solutions for everyone at every age.
- Children may experience pelvic floor issues that contribute to excessive bedwetting.
- A woman that is pregnant may experience pressure in the pelvic floor, may leak urine, or may have back pain.
- Men may experience erectile dysfunction or loss of urine after a prostatectomy.
These are just a few examples of issues we can help with.
Don't suffer in silence. There are non-medical, non-surgical approaches to many of these problems through pelvic health physical therapy.
Conditions we treat include but are not limited to:
- Pelvic pain or injury
- Pregnancy-related pain
- Urinary disorders
- Hip pain
- Bowel disorders
- Connective tissue disorders
- Prostate issues
The benefits of pelvic health therapy include:
- Incontinence management
- Strengthened pelvic floor
- Reduced back and hip pain
- Fewer incidences of bladder leakage
Our Flower Mound location is ready to help you with your pelvic floor needs! Learn more about our Pelvic Floor Therapist, Carmen.